Maximize your philanthropic goals
- Make a difference in people’s lives and always be remembered for your contribution
- Benefit yourself, your family and Auburn University with your planned gift
- Help us fulfill our mission for many years and generations to come
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
You may be looking for a way to receive fixed income for life or a number of years. You may be concerned about the high cost of capital gains tax with the sale of an appreciated asset. Perhaps you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes and plan for retirement. A charitable remainder annuity trust may offer the solutions you need.
How a charitable remainder annuity trust works
- You transfer cash or assets to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust.
- In the case of a trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay fixed income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives or a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Our organization benefits from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
Benefits of a charitable remainder annuity trust
- Receive fixed income for life or a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable remainder portion of your gift to Auburn University Foundation
More on charitable remainder annuity trusts
If you are tired of the fluctuating stock market and want to receive fixed payments, a charitable remainder annuity trust may provide you with the stability you desire. A charitable remainder annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year based on the value of the property at the time the trust is funded.
Planned Gifts Calculator
Please select a presentation that shows the income and tax benefits for you. You may view a unitrust, annuity trust, gift annuity, deferred gift annuity, sale and unitrust or gift and sale. We hope you enjoy these presentations! View Presentations
Contact the Office of Gift Planning for additional information or to discuss further the different options for including Auburn in your estate plans.
It is always advisable to seek the advice of a financial or legal advisor. Please refer your advisor to our Advisors section for more information.
When including Auburn in your estate or charitable plans, please use our legal name and mailing address:
Auburn University Foundation
317 South College Street, Auburn, AL 36849
Federal Tax ID number: 63-6022422