Maximize your philanthropic goals
- Make a difference in people’s lives and always be remembered for your contribution
- Benefit yourself, your family and Auburn University with your planned gift
- Help us fulfill our mission for many years and generations to come
Tuesday April 23, 2019
Commissioner Rettig Thanks Taxpayers
Rettig reported a smooth filing season. By April 5, 2019, the IRS had received 103 million tax returns and issued 78 million tax refunds. The total amount of the refunds exceeded $220 billion and the average refund was $2,833.
This will be a busy month for both the IRS and taxpayers. The IRS expected 14.8 million tax returns to be filed the week of April 12. By tax day on April 15, the IRS predicted that another 18.3 million returns would be filed.
Over 14.6 million taxpayers are expected to file IRS Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
Some taxpayers may qualify for the following automatic extensions.
- Alaska Earthquake — Those impacted by the Alaska earthquake on November 30, 2018, may file by April 30, 2019.
- Alabama Tornadoes — The victims of the March 3, 2019, tornadoes in Alabama may file by July 31, 2019.
- California Wildfires — Those who were impacted by the major wildfires in California on November 8, 2018, may delay filing until April 30, 2019.
- Nebraska-Iowa Blizzard — A massive blizzard on March 9, 2019, impacted Nebraska and Iowa. The affected residents may delay filing until July 31, 2019.
- Combat Zones — Active duty military who are in Iraq, Afghanistan or other IRS recognized combat zones may delay filing until 180 days after departing from the combat zone.
- Workers Outside the U.S. — Workers and military residing outside the U.S. generally have until June 17, 2019 to file.
Contact the Office of Gift Planning for additional information or to discuss further the different options for including Auburn in your estate plans.
It is always advisable to seek the advice of a financial or legal advisor. Please refer your advisor to our Advisors section for more information.
When including Auburn in your estate or charitable plans, please use our legal name and mailing address:
Auburn University Foundation
317 South College Street, Auburn, AL 36849
Federal Tax ID number: 63-6022422